Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Rocking Out in Richmond


We had a blast in Richmond this weekend. It was soooo great to leave our annoying rental house with all of its issues and have Aubrey's parents take care of us for an entire weekend. His mom was so sweet and once she saw my feet, she refused to let me do anything but keep them up. Awwwww.....


We left Annapolis around 4 on Friday and got to their house around 7 p.m. I made sure to get out and walk around at exactly one and a half hours of traveling to prevent blood clots. I ended up sitting in the back seat of Aubrey's truck so I could keep my feet up on the front seat center console the entire time. They were still super swollen when I got there but I figure they might have been worse...


Good times.


On Saturday we had lunch with Sam and Ashley Bennett (Sam is Aubrey's childhood best friend and one of the members of the band we were there to see) the parents of Baby Swinson's future best friend, Emory. Ashley had their first little boy in October so they had TONS of great information to share with us about the first couple of months.


After lunch we took Molly over to one of Aubrey's parents friends' houses so she could run around in their backyard with their dog. It was great for Molly to get some exercise and even better for Rick and Debbie because she would most likely be calmer while we were downtown that evening.


Here's a pic of us before the show. I'd like to think I looked better than this photo shows- silly iPhone. I had on skinny jeans and a top but all you can see here is the top and I kind of look like I'm wearing a tent. I guess I was actually. And, of course, my black Reef flip flops. I can't think of the last time I wore flip flops out. At least in the summer, I wear Jack Rogers or something KIND of cute. DISgusting.
Ok, for the life of me, I CANNOT get this stupid thing to rotate and save. So, pretend you can see us right side up.


After about an hour of standing up before the band went on, Aubrey found me a bar stool that we dragged to the middle of the bar so I could sit and watch and be comfortable. I'm sure people were super annoyed but hopefully they then saw my 9 month pregnant belly and forgave me??

Sam is the one in the middle here rocking out his saxophone....


It was a great show and so good to see all of Aubrey's friends and family before the big day arrives. Three weeks and three days away (if not sooner...).






No comments:

Post a Comment