Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

36 Weeks

Here I am at 36 weeks! Yikes. Nine months!! Three weeks to go effective tomorrow (Thursday). Yep. They officially scheduled my c-section for Thursday, February 23 at 8 a.m. IF we make it that long. The doctors are nervous to let me try a natural delivery and feel that the surgical option will be best for me and the baby. So, we're gonna go that route. I'm a little nervous about having my insides cut open but more nervous about something worse happening to the baby or me if I have to labor for 12+ hours.


We had our last growth ultrasound yesterday at the hospital. The baby looks great and is already measuring at approximately 6 pounds 13 ounces. Umm, does anyone else think that is HUGE??????? Keep in mind that the sonograms can vary up to a pound either way. So Baby Swinson is anywhere from 5 pounds 13 ounces to 7 pounds 13 ounces- great. Monster baby either way since I still have potentially three weeks to go.


I think I read somewhere that babies gain an ounce a week the last month and mom gains a pound a week??? That puts him at 7 lbs (plus or minus one pound) at birth IF this were a normal pregnancy. Because of my diabetes, he could gain a lot more. So, needless to say, I'm increasing the length of my morning walks and trying to move as much as possible which is kind of hard with swollen feet and calves.


Oh well, at least he's healthy.


Mom flew in last night to baby-sit me while Aubrey is traveling for work this week. He has to attend a mandatory conference in Arizona at a spa. Where spouses were invited to attend. For free.


Right.


So Mom is here doing honey-dos and running errands for me while I work. SOOOO nice. We even have a huge trip planned to Costco and Buy Buy Baby this weekend. I'm taking Friday off from work so we can run a bunch of errands while she's here. I'm soooo excited!


Check out what she brought me to help with the swelling...Hot, right?? Heck, I'll try anything! I'm nervous about walking around on them all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We have a lot to do and I am already outgrowing my flip flops... they're the only "shoes" that fit right now....


Wish me luck that I can wear shoes tonight to childbirthing class! And, yes, mom is going with me. Hahaha!








No comments:

Post a Comment