Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yes, We're Still Alive


So sorry for the unexplained blog absence. I just felt like all I was doing was complaining about Maryland and the house so I was trying to wait until some super positive stuff started happening. Not possible in our lives. Allow me to do a photo dump to hopefully prevent you all from coming to Annapolis and punching me in the face. However, I would like to see some friendly faces...






This baby is definitely Aubrey's. Not that y'all were suspecting anything else but all of the sudden I love all of Aubrey's favorite foods (except meat). Peach rings, sugar cookies, milk, fruity candy (i.e. Swedish Fish). OMG, my mouth is watering while I type this. So, the first weekend in December I decided we HAD to make Christmas cookies right away. Well, of course it turned into a competition on who could decorate the best cookies. It's obvious I won.


Aubrey's (and, yes, he created a snowman complete with a dollar sign??):Mine:
Duh. I win. I made him eat all the ones with frosting. I only wanted the ones with sprinkles. Yummo!


Mom came to visit the second weekend in December. She washed and helped me organize all of the baby's clothes and helped get his nursery ready. I know y'all are dying for some pics but I wasn't thrilled with the length of the bedskirt so Polka Tot Designs (love them) is redoing it for me. So amazing. As soon as I get it back, I'll do a post about the nursery. I promise!


Needless to say, Mom and I spent a lot of time shopping, organizing and eating!! Check out our yummy appetizer from my new favorite Italian restaurant in Downtown Annapolis, Piccola Roma.It's a puff pastry on top of fresh crab meat and artichokes with a yummy cream sauce. Heaven? Yes.


This is my entree- porcini and portobello risotto. Italians sure know how to satiate someone that can't eat chicken or beef. Here's mom enjoying her Pasta Bolognese. Not the best pic of her but you can tell she's loving it!

By the way, I'm pretty sure the guy over her right shoulder is in the FBI. There's a huge FBI branch/office in Annapolis so I'm constantly trying to figure out who works there. Doesn't he look like an FBI data analyst or something?


While mom was here, HH Gregg decided to just replace our entire refrigerator since the ice maker wasn't working. Believe it or not, the new one stopped working yesterday too so I'm pretty sure the reason is that our landlord is cheap and buying crappy appliances. Here are some pics from that fun adventure.




I can tell you're jealous...




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment