Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Silly Symptoms!

Not sure if people care or not, but I thought I would share my most recent symptoms. For all you newly pregnant readers, consider these something to look forward to.

I'll start at the very top.

Hair: During the second and third trimesters, it's been really dry. Now, I have dry-ish hair anyway, but now I have to glob on the conditioner and Moroccan oil. It could have something to do with the harder water in Annapolis, but this is ridiculous. At least I don't have to wash my hair as frequently...



Brain: I have lost my vocabulary. It's not like I was some profound speaker/writer to begin with but now i have the hardest time remembering the simplest words- hospital, pizza, guacamole, you name it.



Skin: Besides being a little dry, it seems that my skin is definitely clearer than ever. So that's wonderful and because I work from home, I don't wear make-up every day so I can definitely slather on the moisturizer!



One weird skin thing (sorry if this is TMI) is the stretching. Knock on wood, I don't have any stretch marks yet but my insulin pump sites are healing weirdly because my stomach is stretching. So normally when I change a site the area is red for a about a week or two and then it heals and is completely gone within a month. Every once in a while, a site will bruise but it typically heals fine.



But now, the sites seem to be bruising and stretching out like long purple eraser marks. They're not stretch marks because they originate from the site locations. So, needless to say, I've starting putting my insulin pump sites up really high on my abdomen away from all of the stretching. I'm thinking about trying Bio-Oil to see if that will help the purple marks heal - has anyone tried that before?



And now, for the piece de resistance...

Can you say cankle???????????


I can't believe I'm posting a picture of my nasty, swollen foot on the Internet, but I've told you all- I'm not holding anything back.


This picture was taken yesterday after I had my feet elevated all day long under my desk. I even sleep with the foot of our bed elevated. I STILL wake up with swollen feet and ankles. Plus they fall asleep all the time because I have them up constantly.

I haven't worked out in about two weeks due to a nasty cold I got. Then I finally started feeling better but was afraid to work out for fear that my feet might explode. Well, I got permission to walk briskly and some say it might even help the swelling. Hallelujah! I'll try anything. I took Molly for a long, brisk walk this morning but it was pretty uncomfortable wearing shoes with laces and bending my feet to walk.


Oh well.


I wish it was summer so I could swim. And by swim, I mean flop around behind a kick board or something. I read that's great exercise for swollen pregnant people.


Guhross.


Worst part of the feet situation is that we're going to Richmond this weekend to see a friend's band play and I've picked out a "cute, rock and roll maternity" outfit complete with comfortable heels. I don't want my feet to muffin top out over my shoes!!!!!!! What's a girl to do?? I guess I might have to wear flip flops. To a bar. In January. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.



No comments:

Post a Comment