Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Nesting in Annapolis

So I've been debating as to whether or not I'm actually nesting. For those of you that know me really well know that I can't stand stuff out of order. I literally have an obsession with plastic bins and my label maker. So moving is really hard for me until everything is put in place. I guess I feel a serious need to have it all done by the end of January in case Baby Swinson makes an early arrival.

I don't know why I have such an innate sense to have everything perfect. I think it's because I'm nervous I won't feel like doing much when he arrives??? Sweet Aubrey has been wonderful even as his "honey-do" list continues to grow.

This past Friday I hired a local moving company to move our home computer armoire from the basement to the den. I realized that I'm not going to want to go into the basement every time I want to pay bills or blog once the baby arrives. The thing is massive so there was no way Aubrey could move it himself. Now that it's in the den I'm obsessed with finding the perfect chair to put beside it and use in front of the armoire when it's opened.



I'm thinking I might want a rattan chair or a bright colored covered patrons chair...



I love this one from World Market:
I also want to replace the rug in the den with a new more colorful one. I love the rug we have but since I recovered the sofa to be a darker brown, I think it makes more sense to have a lighter, more colorful rug upstairs in the den and we'll move the solid brown one to the basement.



Like maybe this one from "old faithful," a.k.a Pottery Barn:
That means we then will need to slipcover the sofa down there and buy a couple of side tables. Does it ever end???


Aubrey hung some shelves in the laundry room and helped me organize the basement. We also hung some accents in the baby's room, organized the spare room, cleaned out the linen closet and the bathroom closet, ordered drawers for our bathroom and shelves for the baby's room. I even convinced Bed Bath any Beyond to let me get the rest of the stuff we need for the baby's first month at their store versus driving over an hour to the nearest Buy Buy Baby. I even convinced them to let me use five billion expired coupons and NOT pay shipping. Happy day in my life.



So I'm really excited for the stuff to start rolling in- hopefully by the end of this week we'll start to get some stuff to put together like the swing and pack and play!!!

Here are some cookies I made for some ladies I met that have helped me in many ways since we moved here. They let me us their printer and fax when I couldn't find ours during the move. They also helped me find an electrician one late Friday afternoon. So I wanted to do something for them...

Now they're helping me find a new housekeeper and possibly a nanny. I call these ladies my Annapolis Fairy Godmothers...

No comments:

Post a Comment