Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

35 Weeks

If anyone is feeling bloated or having negative body image issues, I hope this helps:Haha. I think I look a lot bigger in the picture than I really am or maybe I have some distorted body image issues. Oh well.

We had our first non-stress test (NST) of the week yesterday. The goal of this test is for his heartbeat to increase at least 15 times within 20 minutes. Think of it as if you're sitting at your desk working calmly and then you reach for the phone or scratch your leg- anything to increase your heart rate. They want to ensure that he's not just base lining at 140 beats per minute and that he's still getting his heart rate elevated.

I had two of these last week and we passed the first one with flying colors. Then on Friday, he wasn't cooperating and I had to lie there for 40 minutes (two 20 minute sessions) to see if he would behave. Of course not.

They decided to do a sonogram for a bio-physical. This entails recording his diaphragm movements- they want him to "practice breathing" for at least 30 seconds in a 30 minute session and they check my fluid levels. Of course he was fine. He was just being high maintenance. Wonder where he gets that from?

Needless to say, a nurse told me that if I ate 30 minutes before my test, it might convince him to cooperate more. So, as I'm pulling up to the hospital yesterday, I'm devouring an orange. I figure natural sugars have to help.

Not so much. I laid there for 40 minutes and then had to have another sonogram. Now, I know most moms-to-be would LOVE to have two sonograms a week. I'm not really complaining except it takes another 45 minutes to do one and I'm expecting to pay about $75 out of pocket for each one based on the cost of my first...

No comments:

Post a Comment