Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Annapolis Bound, Part One

Hello friends. Well, it's been over two weeks since I've last posted. Where to begin? The last two weeks have been absolutely crazy. I think I'll try to explain everything chronologically. I apologize in advance for no/few pictures, but I've honestly been too busy.

Thursday, November 17
I fly to meet Aubrey in Richmond, VA for one of his high school friend's weddings.

Sunday, November 20
Mom meets me at the Charlotte airport to start packing up our personal belongings and help oversee the professional packers so I can continue working from home until the last possible second.

Tuesday, November 22
Professional packers arrive- Mike, Damian, Bones and Claude. So sweet and nice. They take seven hours to pack up our entire house.

Aubrey arrives around 2 p.m. Steve (stepfather) flies in from China to pick him up from airport and bring him home to help with the last minute stuff.

Aubrey and I go to have our pictures taken for our Christmas card late afternoon. Crazy, I know, but I won the shoot in a charity auction and HAD to use it before we moved.

Wednesday, November 23
Loaders arrive to load up truck. Because we liked the four packers so much we asked for them to return. Bones couldn't so they sent a replacement. We missed Bones.

Before loading everything up from the house, they had to empty our storage unit down the road that was FULL of clothing and baby furniture/supplies.

It took them another seven hours to load up the truck. They claim it only took that long because we made them stop for lunch. Sorry guys! I thought you would appreciate the free Wendy's.

Truck leaves at 2 p.m. Aubrey, Steve and I (Mom had to leave for a haircut...) finish unloading the fridge, sweeping, etc. and load up my car. Aubrey's truck was obviously already in Annapolis. Have I mentioned lately that I've been 6 1/2 months pregnant this entire time? I can't even begin to explain the exhaustion and emotions I was experiencing.

3 p.m.- Steve leaves. 4 p.m.- Aubrey and I (and Max!!) leave the house after a few tears and head to Time Warner Cable on our way to Richmond for Thanksgiving. Here's where the real "fun" begins. On the way to drop off the cable box, my car starts shuddering and beeping every time Aubrey hits the brakes. NOT a good way to start a six hour car trip the day before Thanksgiving.

I immediately call Land Rover Charlotte and make sure they're open and after dropping the box off, we head over to have the car looked at. I literally walked into the service department and met our Service Consultant and started crying.

He was the most amazing guy ever and sat me down. He rented us a minivan (because my car was LOADED down) and told us he'd take care of everything.

At that point, it didn't make sense for us to drive to Richmond, VA to then have to return to Charlotte to eventually pick up my car. So I started crying again and called my mom. Of course, she mentioned that it made more sense for us to come to Greenville, SC (where I'm from and they live) to have Thanksgiving and wait for the car to be fixed.

So we headed South. 11 hours away from our new home in Annapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment