Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Annapolis Bound, Part Three

Saturday, November 26
Aubrey, Max and I get up early and head to Charlotte. We arrive at Land Rover Charlotte around 10 a.m. Car is ready. We unload ENTIRE minivan (plus Max) into my car and start off again.

Brake light and beep comes back on.

At this point, all I can do is laugh. If I didn't, I would have to break down and they would have to admit me.

Apparently, the front brakes were worse than they thought. We turn around (not really out of parking lot yet). Land Rover Charlotte promises to have them fixed in one and a half hours. So we pack up dog and laptops back into minivan and head to Chick-fil-A. Where else?

2 p.m. - car is ready. $1000. We leave for Richmond.

We arrive in Richmond around 6:30 p.m. to a wonderful belated Thanksgiving dinner prepared by my mother-in-law. Aubrey's parents have agreed to come to Annapolis with us to help with the delivery of all of our stuff so the guys decide they want to get up at 2:30 a.m. to beat the traffic in D.C.

Sunday, November 27
2:30 a.m.- wake up
3:00 a.m.- leave for Annapolis
6:30 a.m.- arrive at Aubrey's apartment in Columbia, MD
7 - 10:00 a.m.- NAP

We then treated Aubrey's parents to brunch, packed up his apartment and headed over to the new house.

We arrive at the new house around 2 p.m. I arranged for a housekeeper to come and clean the house on Saturday so all we would have to do is start unloading and then unpacking stuff. When we arrived at the house, it did not appear at all to be cleaned. It didn't smell clean and there was dust and dead bugs everywhere. I almost cried. Again.

My mother-in-law and I scrubbed the entire kitchen. I called the housekeeper who proceeded to argue with me about what they had done. Then my blackberry died. Like, wouldn't turn on, wouldn't charge. Completely died.

So we went to Lowe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment