Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cookie Monster



Apparently Miss Carson Cannon Segrest is going to make an early appearance into this wonderful world of ours. I am soooo excited for Lee, Brant and Big Sister Ava!



Lee might be induced tomorrow which means Auntie Ryan is on call all weekend to run to Greenville at a moment's notice. That also means I need to post about the shower I co-hosted for her BEFORE Carson arrives. EEK!


I originally planned on making Cowboy Cookies this weekend to give to the sweet ladies who are throwing us the baby shower next weekend.



Well, it will be difficult to make Cowboy Cookies while holding Carson or playing with Ava. So I logged on to work really early this morning and did a couple of projects and then made the dough. In case you're wondering, here's what four batches of Cowboy Cookies looks like.

Well of course I'm not going to make and bake all the cookies today. I have to work people. So I Food Saver-ed the batter and now I can make one bag of cookies per weeknight next week so they're all made for the shower next Saturday. And yes, I will be Food Saver-ing the baked cookies too. Stale cookies are the worst!
Ahh, Cowboy Cookies. A token of my childhood. No, I will not be posting the recipe. It's a secret family recipe. Well, kind of. A long, long time ago (circa 1983), my mother was at a Clemson football game. As she was walking through the tailgate lot to go to the restroom (TMI?), she noticed a platter of delicious looking cookies. She complimented the strangers on their beautiful baked goods and a lady offered her one.


After sampling her first-ever Cowboy Cookie, she was hooked! She asked for the recipe and the kind lady said she would mail it to her. Low and behold, six months later the recipe arrived in the mail. The McNamara/Giles Family has been making these cookies for tailgates, holidays and beach trips for the past 28 years.


My million dollar idea is to somehow sell the cookies. Yes, they're that good. Jealous you aren't getting any? Throw me a shower and I'll make you some cookies. Just teasing!!


And now, some random photos for Becky. You're welcome.


Where Mom made us park at Buy Buy Baby this past weekend.

I don't know why but it seemed really embarassing. Maybe because I don't think I'm showing.... I don't know. I just think she didn't want to walk far. Glad I can be of service in that regard.


Check out this pic of Molly Monster. I've been trying to drink my morning coffee (half decaf) out of a straw to prevent my teeth from staining- especially since I can't bleach them while pregnant. Well Molly thought she would help...
As much trouble as she causes me, I do love that little face. She is the sweetest thing.


And lastly, a teaser to the hightly anticipated diaper bag reveal....

Whatever could it be?? Stay tuned for the actual bag...








































1 comment:

  1. Yay for pictures!!!! First off, I'm going to need to sample one of those cookies right now! Can I hide in a closet and eat a whole batch? Second, I need to see the diaper bag, stat!

    ReplyDelete