Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Update (11 weeks, 4 days)

Well, we're nearing the end of the "super scary period." I wish I had lots to post about a super fun weekend, but I was really sick. Not baby sick, headcold sick...

I took Friday off so I could go to several doctors' appointments. The first one was supposed to be with the Nurse Coordinator at my OB's office but she had to cancel last minute so I only met with the OB. He answered all of my most recent questions:



1. Can I have mayonnaise? YES. Thank goodness, I've been craving egg salad.

2. Do I have to eat steak well done? NO. Yay! Between you and me, the last two steaks I've eaten were only prepared medium-well, but they made me nervous. He said as long as they're cooked and the insides are warm (medium to medium-well), I should be okay.

3. Then I informed him of my looming root canal. Yes, I went back to the dentist last Wednesday, and she referred me to an endodontist immediately. She said I need to have a root canal within the week!!!!!!!!! Auugghhhh. I typically choose sedation when getting a filling so this is freaking me out because they can't sedate me pregnant. I'm planning on taking my iPod and my mom is drivin up on Tuesday to take me Wednesday morning. I can, however, take certain painkillers- Percocet, Hydrocodone and Oxycontin. Yay!! I will definitely be taking those!! Call me on Wednesday afternoon, it's sure to be a good time.


4. My throat was hurting and I asked him to check it out and he said it looked fine and to gargle with salt water. YUCK.

After we chatted with Dr. James (loved him), he used his little doppler thing to listen to the heartbeat. It was 170! Perfect for our baby's "age." So he told us we were good to start telling people. We haven't really told anyone besides close, close friends and family. I'm still feeling nervous and just learned of someone that had a miscarriage at 12 weeks so I think we'll wait to 13...


After Dr. James, I met Catherine and Lisa for lunch. I had been craving spicy tomato sauce and penne pasta (a la vodka) so they were kind enough to meet me at Mama Ricotta's. So delicious. The spicy part didn't feel great on my throat but I was starving.



I had another appointment in the afternoon with the prenatal endocrinologist. Kind of boring but basically they're trying to help me come up with some protein alternatives since I have a really strong aversion to most proteins right now.


Friday night we had a great time out with friends at Pizza Peel but I really started to feel bad at dinner so I was really ready to go home... Saturday morning I woke up and could barely get out of bed. Sweet Aubrey went to the drug store for me and came home with...

I think I just have a nasty headcold. I tried taking some "OB-approved" Dayquil but it wasn't really helping and it was making me nervous to take the medicine. I laid on the bed/sofa all day while Aubrey began cleaning out the office/nursery. We're purging everything to make room for this baby and potential move. Here's some of the progress (sorry, they're blurry- great Blackberry photography):


Clothes I'm selling at the consignment store (I did this part):

Clothes I'm donating (there's tons more on the guest room bed, but I'm still collecting wire hangers to hang them up):
"Junk" we're donating:




Tonight we're going to make better piles and box everything up so I can take it to the Junior League of Greenville Nearly New Shop when I go home in two weeks. Yay for home organization!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment