Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

12 weeks!

Well, I'm in the last week of the first trimester. Whew! Mom reminded me yesterday that I'd be having a baby in six months. OMG. Too soon. I need to save more money, climb Mt. Everest, see William and Kate in person- so much to do and so little time.

Mom was here because of my lovely root canal. It's true. I have dental anxiety. After my panic attack last spring in the dentist's chair during my first ever filling, I have opted for sedation dentistry. Well, because of Newton (Mom and Steve's nickname for the baby because last week it was apparently the size of a fig), I can't be sedated. Lovely.

So I HAD to have it done yesterday. I took my iPod and blared Zac Brown Band the entire time and worked on some visualization techniques. Yes, I was thinking I was at the beach. Well, it worked. He finished half the root canal and I have to go back in 10 days to finish. It was that bad.... I was fine though. The most pain I'm experiencing is sinus pressure and I'm not sure if that's because of the root canal or the underlying sickness I was already experiencing...

So Mom came to hold my hand. Yes, I do realize I'm about to be a mother myself (freaking out as I type this) but sometimes you just need your mom...

She (and Steve)'s coming back this weekend to do some baby research. With all of the crap, I mean, beautiful baby stuff on the market, I'm looking for her guidance on what's the best. So we're dragging the guys to Buy Buy Baby to touch and feel and practice with the car seats and strollers and all the gender neutral stuff we're going to need. I think I'll go ahead and start the registry with this stuff and then go back when we know what we're having to add pink or blue items. Pink if you ask Mom or Aubrey. Blue if you ask me...

I was going to tell my office about the baby today but I chickened out. My manager knows and she's ironically due 4 weeks before me!!! I'm just learned about someone who miscarried at 12 weeks so I want to wait one more week just to be sure. I also go back to the doctor's next Wednesday to get another ultrasound and the results of the Nuchal Translucency Test (down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities).

If that test comes back all clear, we'll be shouting it from the rooftops! Well, at least after next weekend. We're headed to Greenville to throw a baby shower for one of my best friends there. Once we tell a couple of people in person, then we'll shout it from the rooftops.

Sorry there's no pics today!




No comments:

Post a Comment