Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

10 weeks, 5 days

Well, I made it back to Charlotte in one piece. For those that might not remember this when you read this, I spent three and a half weeks in New York City working on a large project for work from July 14 - August 7. I think the experience was both a blessing and a curse for me.

It was a blessing because it distracted me from thinking about the pregnancy but it was a curse because I was away from home, newly pregnant and scared. I was thinking that I would have more time to write for the blog but by the time I crawled to my room at night, it was all I could do to wash my face before falling into bed.

I have never been so tired. Most nights after we finished an 11 hour day, I just ate a container of Greek yogurt and went to bed. I tried really hard to work out as much as possible but after the first week, I lost all energy.

I also began having food aversions. Mostly, any protein. Great. Carbs stick to me like glue to glitter. I tried several times to eat an egg white omelet. I made it to the plate twice. Once, I just opened it and put it away. I ate a lot of dinner rolls, cantaloupe and salad. It was about all I could tolerate.

I did find a Jamba Juice right by the hotel. Yummo. I had one of their light smoothies with whey protein added and felt like I was eating a good snack.

Right now, I'm obsessed with Cheerios. I eat a baggie every day as a snack. I guess it's a childhood comfort food for me?? I guess it's better than eating Cheetos??

I've also been able to tolerate beef. Aubrey made me soft tacos on Sunday night with ground beef and they were yummy. I got another pound out of the freezer this morning and will attempt to make spaghetti tomorrow night. I'm going to run to the grocery store tonight and get a zucchini and a squash to puree and put in the spaghetti sauce. Since I'm not really liking veggies either, I gotta get them where and when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment