Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

4 weeks, 5 days


Well, it's official. We're pregnant. Or at least I am. I THINK our due date will be around the first of March so I'll be waddling around the Christmas tree with Santa and probably eating ALL of the Valentine's candy I can find come February.


We found out I was pregnant on our last day at Folly Beach. Way to end a vacation full of wine, margaritas and beer. Oh well. They say nothing really happens until day 19 after conception so we should be a-okay.



I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now. My medical team is cautious but optimistic. With Type 1 diabetes, there can be a lot of additional pregnancy related stress put on my body. I met with my prenatal endocrinologist yesterday morning and then my high-risk OB yesterday afternoon. He has me doing a 24 hour urine test now to triple check for kidney function etc. I have to deliver the sample(s) tomorrow morning and then do a full panel of bloodwork. Yay?



I also have an EKG scheduled for Friday at 10 a.m. They want to make sure my heart is healthy and know whether to expect any complications with the additional blood flow. Then Tuesday, July 12, I go for my first ultrasound. I'll only be around 7 weeks but they want to do an early one on me. The next day, the 13th, I go back to my prenatal endocrinologist.


I am so popular. No, not really. Everyone just wants to see me before I leave for NYC on the 14th for three and a half weeks.



I know no one is reading this. It's more or less a way for me to put my feelings down and to share everything with Aubrey who's currently living in Burlington, NC while in the ATD management training program.



I feel good. Bloated, but good. I'm burping ALL the time which is nice. NOT. I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm not sure if it's due to indigestion, excitement, gas or a combination of all three. I've gotten permission to take Tums and Gas-x. Everyone should buy stock in those products.



Once we reach the scary point (8 - 10 weeks), I'll make the blog live so all of you crazy fans can go back and read how I was feeling months ago.



You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment